The Southern Hearing Charitable Trust (SHCT) has among its objects a desire to increase the attainability of cochlear implants for members of the general public who would benefit from the same, and to provide the opportunity for each individual to reach their full potential particularly in respect of their auditory-verbal skills.
The SHCT has a charitable grants committee that oversees a scholarship fund for cochlear implant recipients pursuing tertiary study.
Applications for 2017 are now open.
Each year the SHCT will award ONE scholarship to a cochlear implant recipient enrolling in a tertiary-level training programme or study. The value of this scholarship will be $5000.
Applicants are to complete the SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM and are required to include:
- Name, address, and contact details
- A short personal statement
- Academic transcripts and CV
- University admissions notice (if available).
- A succinct list of the principle activities and awards in school or community (including prizes, scholarships, offices held, athletic record and extracurricular activities) with dates.
- One photocopy of your birth certificate, passport or other proof of age and NZ residency/citizenship.
Please also note:
- Applications will only be accepted from those residing in the catchment area of the Southern Cochlear Implant Programme.
- Applications should be made no later than 31 October in any year.
Applications for scholarship assistance should be submitted to:
Southern Hearing Charitable Trust Grants Committee
c/- Milford Chambers
St. George’s Hospital
249 Papanui Road