If hearing aids are no longer of benefit to you, you may be a candidate for a cochlear implant.
Before we recommend cochlear implantation we will need to establish whether the procedure is suitable for you.
In adults, a cochlear implant might be the correct procedure if you display:
- Moderate to profound sensorineural hearing loss
- Good oral/ aural communication skills
- Limited or no benefit from hearing aids
- 60% or less on HINT Sentences, 30% or less on CNC Words
- Sensorineural hearing loss caused by meningitis
There is no maximum age for referral to the Programme and patients with additional needs are not excluded.