From 11.59 pm Sunday 23 January 2022 Aotearoa NZ is moving into RED in the COVID-19 Protection Framework (traffic light system). Details of the RED settings can be found here.
Here’s what you need to know about what this means for users of our service.
- Staff at both clinics are all vaccinated in accordance with government mandates for health workers.
- While in the RED setting patients can still travel to either of our clinics. You are not required to be vaccinated but we may ask for your vaccination status and staff may take precautions to safeguard your health if you are unvaccinated. You don’t need to have a negative COVID-19 test before travelling. Please note that travel and accommodation providers (such as airlines, hotels, and motels) may have their own vaccination requirements.
- When we send appointment letters, you’ll find an extra information sheet included that asks questions about your health.
- When you arrive in clinic, we will again ask you questions about your health, and where you might have travelled in relation to COVID-19. A copy of these questions can be found here
- If you are unwell, we won’t be able to see you.
- When you arrive you will need to sign in or scan in with your COVID-19 tracer app as you do now.
- We’ll expect anyone over 12 years of age, without a mask exemption, to wear a face covering while in our clinics, even during clinic sessions. This includes support people. If wearing a mask during a clinic session impedes the clinic session, you can discuss with your clinician temporarily removing your mask as necessary. Your clinician may also ask you to remove your mask for some testing.
- We would prefer to limit support people to one (1) other person in clinic. Please call or email to discuss this if this is a problem
A huge thank you to everyone for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you soon.
These guidelines may be varied as government policy changes or there are changes in the framework.